Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Honda Accord 1998 intermittent starting problem...

Hybrid View

Default Honda Accord 1998 intermittent starting problem...

Hello All,

My first post after purchasing Haynes manual. I couldn't exactly see what to do from the manual about the following problem so maybe somebody on the board can assist. Sometimes the engine will not turn over when attempting to start the car. It seems to be somewhat random. Also if I keep trying or do something like turn the lights on it will start eventually. I also just had my transmission fluid flushed but not sure this is related at all but the problem has only occurred after this service (could they have knocked some wires loose). There is a note on the service work order that the "vehicle died during service" not sure what that means because I have not seen the car "die" all of a sudden. Thanks in advance for any guidance anybody can give.

Regards,
    Faraz

Hi Faraz,

We can't diagnose problems from a remote location, but what you have to do is check for voltage at the S terminal of the starter solenoid when the problem is occurring, then work back through the circuit using the wiring diagram. Intermittent problems can be difficult to find, and car really be a test of your patience!