Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Bravada electrical issue

Default Bravada electrical issue

I have the haynes book for a 2002 Bravada. I was hoping that you could help me with interior grounding locations. I have the fuse for the courtesy lights, and a fuse for the dash lights failing. I wanted to check the electrical ground. I did not see a location in the haynes book for the interior lights. Could you make any suggestions?

Hi burganla,

You can contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual). Be ready to give them the number/letter combination on the first page of the manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo. They might be able to locate a diagram that shows where the grounding points for those circuits are.

BUT - your Bravada is blowing two fuses; you should be concentrating on what those two circuits have in common, or where a harness for the courtesy lights and a harness for the dash lights meet or pass through an instrument panel bracket, or something like that (maybe the insulation on the wiring is rubbing through). Additionally, when a fuse blows it isn't because of a problem on the ground side of the circuit, it's a grounding problem ("short") on the hot side of the circuit. So keep that in mind.

Shorts are not always easy to find. Be patient, work with the wiring diagrams for those circuits and remember, our tech service department is there to help in any way they can.

Good luck!

My friend had a problem like yours he found the the wiring harness that was running along the floor by the door had gotten wet and corroded the wires causing it to blow the fuses It also caused no ground to one of his lights