Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: h a 2003 mitsubishi galant ventilation filter replacement, there are some inaccuracies in the manual as to how to replace it. Could you help?

Default h a 2003 mitsubishi galant ventilation filter replacement, there are some inaccuracies in the manual as to how to replace it. Could you help?

i need help with a 2003 mitsubishi galant ventilation filter replacement, there are some inaccuracies in the manual as to how to replace it. Could you help?

Hi John,

It turns out that Mitsubishi stopped equipping the Galant with a cabin air filter in 2001 - instead, it became a dealer-installed item available at extra cost. It is possible to install one, though. It requires cutting out a block-off plate in the HVAC housing behind the glove box (this can be done with a sharp utility knife) - the plate is in the same area as the access cover shown in Chapter 1, illustration 17.2. The new filter can then be slid into the housing and secured with two screws.

The part number for the filter is MR500360, and the part number for the screws is MB409435 (but your Mitsubishi dealer will know that). I'm sure the filter is available from an aftermarket source (auto parts store) and screws could be sourced at a hardware store.

I hope this helps.