Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Update on '93 Ford F150 oil pan gasket replacement

Default Update on '93 Ford F150 oil pan gasket replacement

Hey Haynes Administrator just wanted to update you on a previous posting of mine about replacing the oil pan gasket on my '93 Ford F150. I tackled this project a couple weeks ago on Labor Day weekend, I purposely chose to do it at that time because it was a 3 day weekend (which it turned out I needed the extra day), it was a success. I've been checking under the truck and so far have not seen anymore oil drips. I would like to add though that I was able to raise the engine without removing the upper intake manifold (plenum) as described in the manual because there was a good 3-4 inches of clearance between the plenum and the firewall. I just kept a close on the intake while I was raising the engine to make sure the plenum didn't hit the firewall. I also replaced the oil pump while I was at it. I took my time and stayed patient yet vigilant and got it done. Now I need to replace the water pump because it has a slow leak as well, I will post any questions that I may have when I get ready to tackle that project. Just wanted to say thanks for your advice.

oops just wanted to correct a type-o here. "I just kept a close on the intake" should be, I just kept a close eye on the intake while I was raising the engine.

Hello Cowboy,

We're glad to hear of your success. We hope your future projects go well also.

Thanks for your reply administrator. We've had one hell of a heat wave here in Texas, we set a new all time record of 72 days that were over 100 degrees (the previous record was 69 days set back in 1980), there have have been a few record highs set at 110 degrees. We've finally started seeing our highs drop into 90s making it a little more bearable for doing projects outdoors like this. I would have gotten back to you a little sooner but unfortunately about 5 days after finishing this project my uncle passed away after about a 9 month battle with colon cancer so I've been having to deal with that as well. Any way thank you so much for your help and I may post some questions in the future about replacing the water pump on this truck. Thanks again.

Cowboy

Hello cowboy,

You're welcome and please accept our condolences regarding your uncle.

Thanks he's with Jesus now so atleast he's not suffering anymore. Again thanks for your help.