Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1996 Buick Roadmaster - Vapor Canister

Default 1996 Buick Roadmaster - Vapor Canister

I'm writing in regards to some missing information in the 24046 Haynes Repair Manual for Chevy Impala SS and Caprice and Buick Roadmaster 91-96. I own a 96 Buick Roadmaster. My problem is that I have a code to replace the vapor canister to clear a "service engine soon" light so I can go and get a state inspection for license plates.

On page 6-18, Section 7 Evaporative Emissions Control (EVAP) System - Component replacement it states "9 Replacement of the canister filter is covered in Chapter 1". I have looked thoroughly through chapter 1 and have read the book front to back 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious and can find no such procedure in Chapter 1 regarding the Vapor Canister.

I'd really just like to know where the vapor canister is located on the 96 Roadmaster. I know it's probably obvious but I can't figure it out and my manual doesn't have the info.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Hi gfy247,

On your vehicle ther is no replaceable canister filter - we will amend the manual and take that step out.

The charcoal canister is located at the right front corner (passenger's side) of the car, mounted on the outside of the right frame rail behind the bumper.