Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: tune up

Default tune up

I just bought your 43055 haynes manual and it says it covers 1999 thru 2008 but it seems to be not too clear on the 2006 3.3L V6 details. Can you help?

I'm just looking to change my spark plugs, but it would help to have some guidance on removal of intake manifold

Hi Davinski,

As you know, Section 27, Step 5 in Chapter 1 refers to Chapter 2B for the upper intake manifold removal. In Chapter 2B Section 5, the upper intake manifold removal is explained. Although the engine shown in those photos is a 2.7L V6, the 3.3L procedure is similar. There will be some minor differences on the 3.3L, such as hoses and electrical connectors; just be sure to label everything before disconnecting anything. Also, as shown in illustration 5.6, there are two support brackets at the rear of the upper intake manifold, but on the 3.3L engine there is only one.

If you require any additional information you can contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com or give them a call at 1-800-442-9637. They'll do what they can to help.