Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Update on '93 Ford F150 brake problem

Default Update on '93 Ford F150 brake problem

Hey Haynes administrator this is Cowboy I just want to update you on the brake/ABS problem I was having with my '93 Ford F150. Apparently you were right about the Rabs control valve going bad; I purchased one from Autozone (a reman) for $150 with a $40 core; a local Ford dealer wanted $530. I replaced it this past Saturday; I drove the truck all weekend long and to and from work for the last 2 days and so far have not experienced a low or fading brake pedal or had any illumination from the ABS light or the brake warning light. The brakes are working quite well. Hopefully this can help other DIYers out there. Thanks administrator you've been a great help.

Sincerely,
    Cowboy

Hello cowboy,

We're glad to hear of your success and we appreciate your gratitude! Happy travels!

Ok thanks again, now I just have a couple other problems to take care of that I posted about prior to this one; now once I take care of those I'll be all set. I just have to takle these problems one at a time. Anyway thanks again and have a happy July 4th.

Same to you, cowboy!