Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: ac low side post on 97 eclipse

Default ac low side post on 97 eclipse

theres no mention in the manual or diagram of where the low side post is on a 2.0 dohc non turbo engine for r134 and i cant find it

Hello 97eclipse.rs

It is a bit hard to find on some models and there are no factory diagrams showing its location. The factory manual does state that it is located on the suction line (the refrigerant line between the evaporator and the compressor). Our project vehicle for that book was a 2001 model, and you can see the port location in Chapter 3, illustration 14.12. It's the larger of the two refrigerant lines coming from the firewall on the passenger's side. Yours might be in the same spot, but it might not.

We have also found some useful information in another forum. Here's the link:

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95473 (you may need to copy and paste).

I seen that illustration but i have a different engine then the 2.4l i only see one line from the firewall to the radiator and theres no post or valve stem just a line. Most ppl have told me its on the drivers side or under the intake. Some say its on the compressor and i still havent found the low or high side posts. Ive seen them on other eclipses with the same engine but not mine and i know there somewhere cause the ac blows cool air and i have no cover on my headers so my whole engine gets hot the radiator hose runs right over the headers so i dont see how im getting cool air without any lines. My car is to low to get underneath i have no jacks ive just looked from the top.