Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

97 nissan sentra.... clutch pedal goes to floor when depressed and just barely engages the clutch. i have replaced the clutch and it is still doing it. new cable and adjusted also. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi Dennis,

I don't know if this will help or not but you might need to bleed the clutch. I know with hydraulic clutches they do need to be bled when replacing the clutch. Like I say I don't know if it will help you or not but I thought that it might be something to think about anyway. Hopefully an administrator can give you better advice than I can, I'm just a Do-It-Yourselfer myself.

Sincerely,
    Cowboy

Also, it could be your clutch master cylinder. Just a couple things to think about.

Check your throw out fork. It has probably fatigued and bent over time. Until you compare it to a brand new one, you might not notice the bend.

Since you mentioned a new cable and adjustment, I'm gonna assume you DON'T have a hydraulic clutch. So there will be no master cylinder or hydraulic lines to bleed. I agree with billvalenta, could be a bent release lever.