Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: missing information in Haynes manual

Default missing information in Haynes manual

In my Haynes manual, no mention is made of the Dodge factory mounting the front brake calipers upside down making it impossible to bleed them unless you switch left to right and right to left on reassembly.( Chrysler probably assembles the frame underbody stuff while the frame is upside down.) Otherwise, it's a great manual. The brake line alongside the inside frame rail next to the fuel tank broke, probably from rust, and necessitated replacing the line so replaced all the brake lines from the front splitter back. Also replaced the master cylinder. Why bleed the whole system several times when for a few more bucks you can have a whole new system. Right!!! Replaced the rear wheel cylinders also cause' the bleeders were frozen. While the lines were off, fluid bleeds from the front lines which allowed air to enter the front calipers because I replaced the master cylinder also. It took me three weeks to finally find out the upside down calipers thing.

Hi trooper1341,

Interesting. What kind of Dodge are you working on and which manual are you using? I'd like to look into this. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Default Missing Chapter from Haynes Manual

I found an entire missing Chapter from a Haynes Manual I just purchased. #59010 Lincolon RWD, covers 1970 thru 2010 models.
    It is missing the Chapter 2B-Overhead Cam (OHC) engines. Any chance I can get it via pdf?

Hi Ron,

No, you can't get one in a PDF format, but we can get a new manual out to you. That occasionally (although not very often) happens during the binding process. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual) and they'll get the process started.

Default Missing Chapter in Lincoln Town Car Manual

Thank you or your response and offer for a new manual. However I found the Chapter I was looking for. It is located between pages 12-20 qnd 12-21. Darn binding gremlins!
    Thanks again!