Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1997 Jaguar Vanden Plas & Service Manual

Default 1997 Jaguar Vanden Plas & Service Manual

Hello Board,

I have a 1997 Jaguar Vanden Plas I am restoring for a customer and I would like to find a service manual I noticed that Haynes has the following manual available ...

Jaguar XJ6 Haynes Repair Manual covering Jaguar XJ6, Vanden Plas, and Sovereign models (1988 thru 1994)
    do you think this manual covers a 1997 Vanden Plas or does Haynes offer a newer revision.

ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED,,, WW

Hi Will,

The book in question covers the XJ40/XJ81 platform vehicles. The one you are working on is the X300 platform and, while it isn't a complete remodel, I don't want to recommend that book, as I have no idea where the differences might lie. Specifications are the thing that could really cause a problem, because you could wind up breaking something if a spec is different. As far as removal and installation of components goes, it might work. Then again, I really don't know.

I checked to see if the car is covered by one of our UK manuals, but unfortunately they don't have one either. Try Bishko at 1-800-544-3312 or repairmanual.com they might have something. Another option is a subscription to AllData DIY.

Thanks for checking with us, though.