Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2007 lincoln MKX making noises

Default 2007 lincoln MKX making noises

Hi, My wifes MKX is now making a whistling noise as she backs her car out of the garage in the mornings. i did a brake job a month ago. Front and rear brakes changed the pads and had the rotors turned. I have jaclked up the car and looked at the brakes and everything seems okay. What could be causing the whistling/high pitched sound. yes this has been going on ever sense I did the brake job, not having the time to redue the brake thing.

Thanks for any input
    The Wise Guy

Okay, I just finished checking and redoing the brake job. I used Sil Glyde Brake Lubricant on the pads and the slides. CRC Disc Brake Quiet on the outside of the brake pads. I also used Anti Seize compound on the mating surfaces of the wheel hub and the Disc just to make the next job easier. So far no noise, I hope this helps someone. The Wiser Guy

Hello Wise Guy,

We're glad that you had success. It is noteworthy to let our readers know that NO LUBRICATION or TREATMENT was put on the pad lining material or the brake disc itself; only very small amounts, where sliding parts come into contact with each other on the caliper, can be used.

Well the noise is back!!!! Sounds metalic happens only in the morning when she backs up. I have checked the brakes several times and it is still making the noise. Does not sound like the transmission is making the noise. I guess it is up to the Lincoln Dealer to have it checked out. Bummer I hate to pay the MAN!!!!

Wise Guy
    Last edited by Wise Guy; 03-18-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: clearify