Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 03 dodge neon heater core replacement

Default 03 dodge neon heater core replacement

I'm trying to replace the heater core on my 03 dodge neon, and have reached a point of confusion. I have the haynes repair manuel and it has been great so far untill you get to chapter 11 and begin removing the instrument panel. CH 11, section 23, steps 12-15 do not have illustrations or references to previous section/chapters so I have no idea where these parts are that I need to take off. I need to "disconnect the data link connector", "remove the instrument panel support mounting bolts", "remove the A-pillar-to-instrument panel mounting bolts(two on each side), and disconnect the antenna right side connector". If anyone has diagrams/pictures of those steps it would be much appreciated. I'm in the navy and really need to get my car functional soon.

Hi mattdscott,

The Data Link Connector is the electrical connector that you can plug a scan tool into - it's located under the left side of the dash and is shown in Chapter 6, illustration 2.27. The instrument panel center support mounting bolts are what attach the instrument panel to the floorpan, under the area of the front of the center console. The A pillars are the structural members on each side of the windshield that support the front of the roof, and the bolts referred to in Step 14 are located at each side of the instrument panel at the base of the A-pillars (or a little farther below).

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual). They'll do what they can to help.

I am currently doing this work myself also. The Haynes manual, which I paid $26.95 for at Auto Zone, lacks detail here. In order to find the second A-pillar bolt you will need to pull back the plastic panel below the instrument panel, it tucks into the floor rail. The upper bolt is at a 45 degree angle but the lower bolt is straight in. I have the bolts out but the manual does not say to pull the steering column out, but I can't see how I can pull the instrument panel without pulling out the steering column. The Chilton's manual is equally horrible but it says to pull the steering column. My question here is how do I disconnect the steering interlock? I push in the black clip and try to pull it out, but it won't come out. The little yellow tab is still sticking out, I have tried to push it in (haven't tried pulling on it) but nothing yet. Do I need to pull the whole thing off using the #8 Torx bolts?
    Last edited by jetdoc57; 02-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Hello jetdoc57,

We have some additional information that we would like to send to you to assist you with your project. Please look for an email from us and respond with your phyiscal mailling so we can get it to you right away.