Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2001 isuzu rodeo fuel pump wont run when cold

Unhappy 2001 isuzu rodeo fuel pump wont run when cold

i have a 2001 isuzu rodeo i have been through 3 fuel pumps within a year all under warranty. i finally got fustrated and dropped the tank myself after some testing i found the problem to be the fuel pump relay. well after a year it did the same thing i found when i jiggled the wires going to the pump the pump would then work i found this only happened when it was coldoutside. this happens every winter already tested the wiring and fuses & relay i heed help compared to other reports i have heard of other owners this is the only major problem i have ever had with it im about to drop the tank not sure what to replace

Hello glenn gill,

We don't recommend dropping the tank just yet... Do a little more online research to see what other owners of your model vehicle have experienced. You may discover a couple of things to check to help you find the source of your intermittent electrical problem - which can be very hard to diagnose. Here's one to check out: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1645441-no_power_fuel_pump_1996_isuzu_rodeo