Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Nissan Xterra SE 2002 fuel tank

Default Nissan Xterra SE 2002 fuel tank

HI

the fuel tank in my 6 cl 2002 xterra have lot of dirt tried to clean but with no use i have replaced 4 fuel pumps up till now in less than 1 year , i even could not find that fuel tank anywhere my question could i replace that fuel tank with any other that can fit like pathfinder or xtrail or what ever might be the right one?

please help

Hi alaadaher,

We don't have any parts interchange information, but my guess is that a fuel tank from a Pathfinder or Xtrail will be shaped differently and won't fit. You can check with an auto salvage yard to confirm this. Your options are to remove the fuel tank and have it cleaned professionally, or replace it with a new one (or a good used one from another Xterra). Is the tank rusty inside? If it isn't rust that is clogging/ruining your fuel pump, you might want to question your fuel source, because that isn't normal for a fuel tank to accumulate so much dirt!

Default to much rust how can i clean it?

there is two much rust inside the fuel tank and ordering a new one will take 45 days, is there any way we can clean it using any kind of chemicals please let me know

Hello alaadaher,

We recommend professional cleaning because of the safety hazards involved.