Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: asd dodge ram 1996 1500

Default asd dodge ram 1996 1500

Dodge pick up 1994-2001

on page 6-4, figure 2.3a it shows the automatic shut-down relay, and fuel pump relay, it depicts that pin #85 on fuel relay is connected to pin 85 on ASD relay.
    i can not measure continuity between theses two. should they be effectively shorted as per schematic ?

the voltage measured across coil of fuel relay is 7 volts, the asd coil measures 12 volts.but if the schematic is correct, should they not be the same unless wiring problem ?

the truck never gave me a days trouble then today simply will not start or fire. the codes on dash was 42 [asd control open/short]

Thank you to any one who might have suggestion.
    jeff

Hello jeffy dalmer,

Let us know your engine displacement and confirm the year and model of your truck (a '96 should display p-codes with the OBD II system). We'll do a little more research to see if there's anything else we can provide for you.

1996 dodge ram 318(5.2l) I chased the wires down from fuel pump relay and ASD relay, thay are not connected as per drawing on page6-4, 2.3a. pins 85 are independently connected to PCM. but after changing the crankshaft position sensor,and camshaft position senor, it still seems to be in automatic shut down.

The dash codes are 42

Could you tell me is it possible for the oxygen sensors to force it into ASD. ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

SIGNED: LOST

Hello jeffy dalmer,

We have some additional information to send to you that we think you'll find helpful. You can provide your email on this forum or send it to us at research@haynes.com .

Yes i would love any additional information you can provide email is godlike@netscape.ca
    Thanks again

Hello jeffy dalmer,

You've got mail!