Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Metal Coolant Hose???

Hybrid View

Default Metal Coolant Hose???

I have a 1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville that has a coolant leak coming out of a metal line that is connected to the water pump. I can not find the name of this line in the book at all. I have tried finding a replacement line for it, but I was told GM stopped making this part in 1997, and AC Delco stopped making this part in 2004. Can someone please tell me the name of this line, and where can I possibly find a replacement.. Thanks Mandy

Hello showie79,

Generally speaking, metal lines don't fail often; but hoses do over time. Your metal line is connected to a water pump outlet port by a small rubber hose. It is highly likely that your problem is there. If the metal line is actually the problem and in need of replacement, the factory refers to that pipe as the "front pipe assembly" for the pipes and hoses related to the heater system. If it is an item that does fail often, it is possible that an after market supplier will have something for you. It will require some research and some assistance from a dealership or autoparts supplier. If you would like a diagram, email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or call them at 1-800-442-9637. Give them the number/letter combination on the title page of the manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4JR - 36055). They'll do what they can to help.