PDA

View Full Version : brakes

chrislugrain
03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
want to know why my front driver brake caliber is still trying to stay on after i let off of the brakes. i already put on a new caliber,brake pads,and bled the lines? can someone please help me with this problem? thanx!!!!

admin
03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi Chris,

You didn't state what kind of car you're working on or which Haynes manual you're using, so we can't get too specific here, but here's one possibility: The brake hose could be split internally, acting as a one-way valve. This is definitely not a common problem, but I have seen it happen. If you can get ahold of a pressure gauge and screw it into the bleeder screw hole, then apply the brakes, you'll be able to see if pressure bleeds off or not. If it does bleed off after you release the brake, but the caliper sticks, then the caliper is bad. If the pressure stays after the brake has been released, you might have a bad hose, or some type of hydraulic valve in the circuit could be sticking.

Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual). Be ready to give them the number/letter combination on the first page of your manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4R6 - 72452). If you give them some more information about your car, maybe they'll be able to help you.