PDA

View Full Version : 96 oldsmobile achieva

mattketchum1
02-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I have several questions code#po420 three way catalyst (twc) says low voltage what causes this? Speedometer only works once in a while does this mean that the instrument cluster is bad or is it a speed sensor? ETS (traction control) light is always on, when it is cleared it comes back with the check engine light also but it is always the same thing. Does the 96 Achieva have a alarm system on it or not if so is it tied in with the passlock system? Also while driving the other night the car warning lights flashed all over and then the car just stopped running, it was due to overheating. It wouldn't start right back up but it did about 20 minutes later and then on the way home it tried to die 2 more times but was able to put it in neutral and restart the car. There were no new codes and it hasn't done it sense but I would like to fix it before I get stranded somewhere.

admin
03-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi Matt,

Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual). Be ready to give them the number/letter combination on the first page of your manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4RY - 72452). They'll do what they can to help.