PDA

View Full Version : 94 mercury cogar xr7 no heat coming from heater

fast8030
02-04-2010, 02:06 AM
ok i checked and replaced every thing i can think of. hoses relays heater/ac switches and did a pressure check just in case even though there is no coolent loss. the heater core lines get hat when the engine gets hot but i am not getting any heat. i did a engine flush for gigles as well after i did the hose changeis there any thing i am missing that is there some thing not letting the heat from the heater core get into the passenger compartment? the haynes manual that i have 36086 ford thunder bird mercury cougar. it said that acordindg to the manual when the heat is selected the flap for the heater opens i dont hear that and all what i feel is cold air blowing on my feet as well as cold air coming from the vents when i select the vent option when the heat is selected am i missing some thing???

admin
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi fast8030,

This sounds like the blend-door is not being actuated. On your year vehicle, it is most likely controlled by a cable. When you move the temperature control lever to hot, you should hear the "flap" of the blend-door moving in the HVAC housing. Chances are the cable (or other) has become disconnected. Look for this from the back of the air conditioning and heating controls at the dash. You may have to remove the controls for access to the rear; see Section 16 in Chapter 3 of your manual or call the Technical Research line for assistance (805) 498-6703.

Good luck with your project.

fast8030
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
i have checked that and replaced the switch as well thinking it is the switch it is electrical. also i replaced the heater core and thermostat could it be some sort of fluke that i am missing. i did a flush befor and after the heater cor change. i used water to flush the first time then i put in a 50/50 mix durring the second didnt want to waste the coolent. but checking the flap what can i look for?

fast8030
02-07-2010, 06:09 AM
the switch for the climate controlls to move it from cold to hot is electrical is there a fuse a relay i am not finding? it is a 94 but majority of the options on it is for the 95 on up. how can i fine the fuse and or relay? i dont have the owners manual for the vehicle is there a diagram for the 95 model the repair manual from hanes only cover the vehicles that has the older reliable system not the pure electical that i am trying to figure out on fixing please help. i am at wits end i can tear apart a bmw to pergot to ford power train but i cant figure out the electrical on a mercury

admin
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
So, you have the automatic climate control system it sounds like. There is an electronic module involved, as well as electric actuators. Vacuum, too, so you'll want to make sure there are no leaks anywhere. The diagnostics for this system is really involved, and sometimes the flow of diagnosis leads you to replace a solid state component by process of elimination. If you want to pursue this problem yourself I would recommend getting a factory service manual. Try contacting Bishko Automotive Literature at 1-800-544-3312 or www.autobooksbishko.com. They sell used factory service information and might have a manual for you.