PDA

View Full Version : I need help asap!

Debrinconcita
08-07-2009, 11:50 PM
:)HELLO MY NAME IS DEBRA, I JUST BOUGHT THIS MERCURY SABLE 87, FROM A GUY AND HE DIDN'T TELL ME THE BLINKER'S DIDN'T WORK,UNTIL AFTER I BOUGHT THE CAR??? I Just went through with the sale anyway. He claim's they are easy to fix. I still haven't found out how to fix them and it's been a month now. Plus he stuck me with the TAGS EXPIRING SOON ALSO!!! Ain't he a nice guy, NOT!!! The hazard lights, and the parking & headlights all work. Just not the blinkers. The handle clicks alright and that works. It's not the fuses either. Already done that. SOMEBODY SAID IT MIGHT BE THE PLUG THING, (silver plug,hooked up with the fuse's)?? Who know's what's next. I don't have hundred's of dollars, I am so very low income, got laid off, not working, cannot afford to fix things that aren't necessary. CANNOT EVEN DRIVE CAR UNTIL I FIX BLINKERS. PLEASE IF THERE'S ANYONE OUT THERE WHO MIGHT KNOW WHAT'S WRONG, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!! I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE. THANKS DEBRA R. from Portland Oregon.:confused:

Havie
10-12-2009, 07:48 PM
It's the signal light selonoid and it only costs about $5. Go to any garage or auto parts store and ask for help, by telling them you kneed a new signal selonoid and ask them to replace it for you. Takes all of two minutes.
Tom

admin
10-14-2009, 07:32 PM
debrinconcita,

If you go to an autoparts store, you can ask for a "turn signal flasher". They are inexpensive and might solve your problem.

http://www.trustmymechanic.com/parts_gallery/turn_signal_flasher.htm

Good luck with your project.