PDA

View Full Version : torque converter clutch leak

Jordan
07-29-2009, 04:09 AM
i have a 1995 saturn sc2 manual transaxel, i am using manual 87010. i did a self test to see y the check engin light was on and it gave code "26 torque converter clutch leak" i can not find anything in the book about the tcc, where is it in the car and how can i fix it. please help.

admin
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi Jordan,

Since your car has a manual transaxle, it doesn't have a torque converter clutch. The code 26 must be related to the quad driver circuit (look on the "Engine code chart (1995 and earlier)" in Chapter 6.

The quad driver is an electronic switch inside the PCM that grounds certain components to actuate them. These include the EVAP canister purge solenoid, EGR solenoid, coolant fan relay and air conditioning relay. If those components check out OK, the problem could be in the circuit between the PCM and the component, or within the PCM itself.

Are all of the fuses OK? That's the first thing you should check.

If you run into a dead end, email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. Tell them what the problem is, and also give them the number/letter combination on the title page of your manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo. They'll do what they can to help.