PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cont

jth4619
06-03-2009, 01:27 AM
I have a 1990 Nissan Maxima. I am having an electrical problem. With the ignition switch off, I am getting 9 volts through my ground wire. When I remove the ENGINE CONT fuse, the voltage through my ground wire drops to Zero. Problem is, neither the owners manual, nor my Haynes Manual defines ENGINE CONT.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

admin
06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi jth4619,

Believe it or not, the factory service manual does not identify fuses (by name) either! Looking at the wiring diagrams in the factory manual, I noticed that there is a 10 amp fuse in the circuit to the E.C.C.S. (which is the engine control computer - could this be the ENGINE CONT in question?), inhibitor switch, A/T mode switch, Bulb check relay, A/T control system, and Check connector.

Don't know if that'll help, since the factory manual is kind of sketchy. Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com - they have access to various other resources and might be able to help. You'll have to give them the number/letter combination on the title page of your manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo.