PDA

View Full Version : when you say left hand side of the vehicle, is this from front or back?

st3ve
03-16-2009, 09:12 PM
1st post on this forum and about my 5th Haynes Book I've purchased over the years, a great help and thank you. Now for a really basic question I never had to ask before, but suddenly find myself wondering about.

I'm referring to ISBN 1 85960 253 3 on the MB 124 series on page 9.11 section 13 "Parking brake adjustment" part 4. "Starting on the left hand rear wheel, ...."

Ok, so if my car is a right hand drive then the left hand would be the passenger side rear wheel right?

Well that's my logic, which has been spectacularly wrong in past experience, so when the Haynes manual refers to left or right side of the vehicle, which side of the car is left and which is right, from the front or the back?

admin
03-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi st3ve,

It doesn't matter if your car is a left hand drive or right hand drive, left and right references assume you are sitting in the vehicle (and facing forward). It's a legitimate question, though; better to be safe than sorry.

Maybe we should use port and starboard! (Just kidding)

Thanks for using Haynes manuals!