PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic Manual 42023

cdblues
09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Hello,

I have a 1988 Civic DX and none of the schematics seem to match well with this vehicle. I think that it should have the Main Relay on page 4-3, but we can't find it next to the fuse panel under the dash. We are having electrical problems. The dome light comes on and a buzzer under the dash, but the horn, headlights and fuel pump are not working and the car is not cranking. The battery is a bit down on voltage (12.65V) but I'm reading 10.4V at the fuses inside the engine compartment. I plan to replace the battery cables thinking that bad cables could be causing a voltage drop.

What I would really need is a more detailed schematic for this vehicle. Since the ones in the manual are so generic, do you know where I can get a more detailed schematic specific to this vehicle?

btw, the CV joint was a cinch with the info from this manual.

Charlie

admin
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi cdblues,

Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. Give them all of the specifics about your Civic, and the number from the title page of the book you're using (it's the number in parenthesis, just to the right of the Haynes logo). They'll do what they can to help.