PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this

mommasboy
11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I have got a 1996 Toyota Camry DX with 140,000 highway miles on it. My cousin, who is ASE certified; and I had just got done putting a new transmission in it here in November of this year. We were just about to test drive it, when the steering column snapped right below the knuckle. That is not the worst of it. At the same exact time there was a small fire underneath the exhaust from the muffler tape that I stupidly tried to patch a hole in the muffler with. Luckily my cousin is a volunteer fire fighter in his hometown, so no damage was done. The question that I have for you today is; How do I replace the steering column without taking apart the dash?

Mike F
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi mommasboy,

Pick up Haynes manual #92007, which includes information on steering wheel removal and disconnecting the column U-joint at the steering gear (Pages 10-13 and 10-15). If you have any further questions, please contact us at: research@haynes.com.

Thank you for your interest in Haynes manuals!

oghilden
12-01-2007, 05:04 AM
I need some info on this vehicle. The vehicle has a transmission seal leak, I wouls like to know how many seals does this vehicle have. the transmission is a automatic trans. 4 cyl engine.

Thanks Jim

admin
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
oghilden - If you picked up manual #92007 and go to Chapter 7B or 8 there is drive axle seal repalcement instructions.