PDA

View Full Version : 2002 passat

o2steve
09-05-2008, 03:38 AM
My daughter came to me saying she need a mass air flow sensor, problem i can't find haynes manual, can you tell me were located, and difficulty of replacing

admin
09-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey Steve,

We DO have a VW Passat manual - it's Haynes manual no. 96023. If you can't find one at an auto parts store near you, you can order one directly from this website.

How did your daughter know she needs a MAF sensor? Electrical parts are not returnable, so you'd better make sure that's what the car needs before you buy the part. Check for the presence of stored trouble codes (Chapter 6 will show you how).

o2steve
09-05-2008, 01:12 PM
She took to to dealer, they told her, and can't find manual anywhere in area, ordered one, but afraid it will be here to late, she needs car running soon..

admin
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Steve,

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for the manual that you ordered. We're not going to tell you how to replace the MAF sensor here on this website. Yes, we could do the research and tell you where it is, but there might be some additional information you need to know, which would be included in the manual. This isn't where you go to get free information. We put a lot of effort into our manuals because we want to be the best. This message board is here for people who might need a little extra help understanding a procedure, and we're happy to help them. If you need some help after you receive your manual, contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. Be sure to give them all of the specifics about your vehicle, the number of the manual you're using, and also the number on the title page, just to the right of the Haynes logo. They'll do what they can to help you.