PDA

View Full Version : hyundai transmission problems

degraco
08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
i have a 1999 hyundai accent. sometimes it drives just fine. other times its completely crap. the problem is when i'm driving it acts like it shifts into neutral (while in drive) and you give gas the rpms just race up but nothings there. after about 5 seconds give or take it kicks back into gear it does this over and over getting more frequent. i do notice it drives better in D2 but i can only get up to 35 to 40mph. i recently changed tranny fluid and filter, but it didnt help. There were no shavings on the filter nor the pan. a backyard mechanic said it could be a solenoid going out.

any advice at all would be greatly appreciated

admin
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi degraco,

We really can't diagnose problems from a remote location. Malfunctions like you're experiencing can be difficult to pinpoint even with the latest diagnostic equipment. There are many things that could cause a problem like you're describing. Low line pressure, something hanging up pistons in the valve body, a solenoid going out, the list goes on.

The things you can do at home are limited to making sure everything is adjusted right, and check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes have set.