PDA

View Full Version : 87 olds Ciera, 2.5 L engine

Dwh
07-13-2008, 03:08 PM
I recently pulled the engine from my Olds Ciera, 2.5 L engine and replaced the cam shaft. Upon completion of reinstalling the engine, the vehicle starts but when put into gear (automatic), rpms change but car will NOT MOVE (forward or reverse). Manual says I must adjust the TV Adjustment cable, however my TV cable setup is different than the manuals and the adjusting clip is held in place to the housing that attaches to the transmission case.

Please advise how to adjust 2.5 l engine and transaxle so car will move. Or did I miss something in reinstalling the engine (i.e. electrical connection, vacuum hose)........... Thanks, DWH

admin
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Dwh,

Wow. That's not the way you want a big job like that to turn out! Unfortunately we can't diagnose problems from a remote location. Start with the simple things, like checking the fluid level in the transaxle.

As far as the TV cable adjustment goes, contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. Let them know what manual you're using and all the specifics of your vehicle.