PDA

View Full Version : 02 Mustang Drivetrain replacement

JanuaryMustang
06-30-2008, 12:06 AM
My husband is replacing his drivetrain pulley on his 02 Mustang, but is having a hard time, as it is too loose. We have verified that we are using the correct size, and he is going by the diagram in the Haynes manual. Can anyone offer suggestions or let me know where I can find an actual photograph of the way the system should work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

admin
06-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Hi JanuaryMustang,

We'll try to help you, but please be more specific. Are you talking about the drivebelt tensioner pulley? Also let us know what engine your vehicle has.

JanuaryMustang
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes, that is the one that I am talking about. He has a 4.6L engine. He is also saying that there is another pulley that is not shown on the Haynes diagram.

admin
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi again JanuaryMustang,

That drawing was made from a photograph of the underhood sticker on our project vehicle, which was a 1997 Mustang Cobra with a 4.6L engine. Your vehicle should be equipped with a sticker too, showing the routing of the belt, but apparently it doesn't have one. In 2002 there is an additional idler pulley and the belt routing is slightly different. Contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com and they'll get you a diagram for your car.

JanuaryMustang
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you so much for your help. My husband's car, of course, has to be the exception to the rule (with the sticker situation, as it definitely doesn't have one).