PDA

View Full Version : this book an pictures

itshow
05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
hello, i have a bad case of sum missplaced vacume lines, could sum1 plz tell me if this book has good pixrs in detail of everything. or does it just show a *schematic* type illistration, and is there any differnce in a download an the book itself? thnx for any and all info

admin
05-08-2008, 09:22 PM
itshow,

First of all, we need to know which book you're talking about. Secondly, we don't offer downloads. If you see a reference to this, please let us know, since it would be a case of copyright infringement. (I'm assuming you're not talking about our "video downloads.")

Thanks!

itshow
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
funny guy huh? well ty il jus go up to auto zone, il laugh all the way up there 4 you and its quite a walk

admin
05-09-2008, 05:26 PM
itshow,

No, actually I'm absolutely serious, and I don't see anything "funny" in my reply. I have to know what book you're talking about, or what vehicle you're working on, in order to answer your question. If you give me that information I can help you.

But even without knowing what you're working on I can tell you this - generally, our books don't have specific vacuum diagrams. All modern cars and trucks have a vacuum hose routing diagram on a sticker, usually on the underside of the hood or on the strut tower. This sticker is important because it is specific to the vehicle (engine type, auto or manual trans, 2WD or 4WD, 49 State or Calif., etc.) I know sometimes these stickers get old and deteriorate, or get painted over and things like that. If yours is missing it would be a good idea to order one from the dealer (you'll have to tell them your VIN).

If you get the Haynes manual for your vehicle and still require assistance, you can contact one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. We're here to help.

Good luck!