PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan not working on Jeep

davek
10-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Hi there.
I have Haynes 50025 manual for my "03 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cyl.
My electric radiator fan will not come on and the engine overheats if I am in stop and go traffic. Like the book recommended I checked the coolant temperature sensor resistance and the 5 volts on the cable and everything is fine. I also have a good 40 amp fuse and I read around 10 ohms (seems a little high) on the fan motor if I disconnect the fan.
But, the book doesn't talk about the relay or show it in the wiring diagram. Any ideas on where this relay is or what might be wrong? Anybody know how many ohms the radiator fan should read? I'm not sure if I dare hook the fan directly to 12 volts in the event there is some sort of circuit that generates ac or whatever to operate the fan. Thanks!!

admin
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Hi davek,

Thanks for emailing me earlier on this and I hope you recieved the diagram that I sent you. The radiator fan relay is located on the passenger's side fender, behind the headlight. Thanks for using Haynes!

Mike_v_98208
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi davek,

Thanks for emailing me earlier on this and I hope you recieved the diagram that I sent you. The radiator fan relay is located on the passenger's side fender, behind the headlight. Thanks for using Haynes!

admin
10-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Hi Mike,

Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com. Give them all of the details about your vehicle, and also a number on the title page of your manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo.