PDA

View Full Version : flywheel/pressure plate access panel

Dwh
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
You refer to the flywheel/pressure plate access panel in your manual and refer to a picture that makes no sense. Were is the flywheel/pressure plate access panel on a 1987 Oldsmobile cutlass 2.5 L. engine?

admin
03-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Dwh - We assume your using manual #38005 for the 2.5L FWD Olds Cutlass. The 2.5L uses a converter shield not a access plate. There are 4 mounting screws holding the shield to the transaxle. We can email you a good view if you would like. Let us know.

By the way - where do you see this "flywheel/pressure plate access panel" reference?

Dwh
03-11-2008, 09:11 PM
yes I am using manual 38005. My quote is not correct.....sorry... not pressure plate but driveplate.. Therefore the quote should be " flywheel/driveplate access cover". page 2b-12 paragraph 14.4. picture does show YOU removing the crankshaft hub ... I know were that is at.. but not the access plate.

Please do send a detail pic by email... is it next to/ under the starter, or on the other side

While I have questions. Why am I not removing the tension pulley for the serpentine belt housing or power steering pump to gain access to the timing chain cover??? Thanks

admin
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
DWh - Contact our technical research department at research@haynes.com and they will send you what they have.

On your next question we do say to remove those items in Section 12, steps 3,4 and 5.

Dwh
03-13-2008, 12:16 AM
please give me chapter/ paragraph, Section 12 of what chapter?? I was hoping for step by step instructions on how to inspect/replace the timing gears... This gives me no leads what so ever... I hope your email support will help...

I am falling WAY TOO far behind in this project.

admin
03-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Dwh - Chapter 2 Part B-13. It's Section 12 not 15 sorry. Section 15 is Timing gear cover - removal and installation.

To remove the gears on the 2.5L engine you will need to go to Chapter 2 Part E-10 and 11. Section 9 of that Chapter will help with checking, removing and installation.