PDA

View Full Version : 95 Eclipse Radio Wires

Devil_Dog
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I just bought a 95 Eclipse last week and it didn't have a radio. When installing an aftermarket cd/radio and hooked up all of the wires (with new plug) it doesn't want to turn on.

I bought a Haynes manual (68031) for it, thinking it would tell me but to my surprise it doesn't spacifically state what color the power, ground, memory, speakers, etc.... is.

After digging into the wiring harnes, I found the previous owner ended up cutting just about all of the wires, but it looks like they are connected to the correct ones. I just want to find out if the radio I bought is defective, the wires from the radio or connector was labeled wrong or if it's something more with the wiring harness with the car.

Thanks in advance in assisting me with troubleshooting this problem.

PS the fuses are good.

admin
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi Devil_Dog,

Actually the wire colors are present on the wiring diagrams. All of the abbreviations are self-explanatory except for blue, which is indicated by an "L." In the original equipment audio system the radio feeds an amplifier via a DIN cable. The speakers are hooked up to the amp. That might make it a bit more tricky.

You can verify the speaker circuits are hooked up by locating each pair of wires for each speaker and briefly connecting an ohmmeter to them - the speaker should make a crackling or popping sound as the ohmmeter leads touch the speaker wire terminals.

Hope this helps.

Devil_Dog
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Admin. I'll try it today. If I still have problems I'll post again.

admin
02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Good luck.