PDA

View Full Version : 2002 isuzu axiom 3.5 (timing belt issue)

xpumpx
08-14-2011, 04:01 AM
hi all, got a problem hopin for some help. tensioner gave out at low speed, no damage to valvetrain and such. the tensioner sheered out of the block a bit though and the large bolt bent. we retapped it and put it back together, sounds great and no check engine light but after a few minutes we smell rubber burning. timing belt isnt riding true and its rubbing on the head, passenger side. no pulleys are loose so we pull the bolt for the tensioner pulley and retap it, same problem. done this out 5 times now and its always riding crooked after a few minutes. any ideas out there? should it be offset or crooked to a certain number of degrees? i would REALLY like to get this car back on the road. thanks in advance, check back in the morning.

xpumpx
08-15-2011, 03:43 AM
anyone? i cant find anything about it in the rodeo manual.

admin
08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello xpumpx,

Although we understand your problem completely, unfortunately, there is no information regarding the kind of repair that you are attempting. Basically, if there is damage to any components, our factory resources state to replace the faulty parts with new ones.

xpumpx
08-23-2011, 03:56 PM
thank you, i will continue tinkering then :D replacement parts have not fixed it unfortunately.